hannahreadsbooks

Stitch
Samantha Durante
Not a Drop to Drink
Mindy McGinnis
State of Chaos (Collapse Series #2) - Summer Lane This book was flipping amazing. I was in such a 4 hour bubble reading it, thinking that the world had gone to pots and I was part of this book. It's always hard reading a second book in a series because there's always that wariness that it won't be as good as the first, but State of Chaos was even better. And that ending. God it killed me. This is one series to definitely read, guys. Read it!!!*FULL REVIEW*Some times I hate when it comes to the time to review a book you've absolutely loved. Sure, when you don't like a book as much as you thought you would, it's easier to pick on what you didn't enjoy and talk about that. It's hard to put in as many words why exactly you love a book. Without, pretty much, saying you love it over and over again. State of Chaos is such a book. There are not enough words I can think of that describe how much I adored about this book.Okay, so maybe let's start with what I liked so much, and we'll go from there, okay?Firstly, I love the characters in this book. They are normal people but in an abnormal situation. Nobody is extremely amazing at anything, except, well, maybe Chris because he is hunky hotness and a marine, but he has an excuse. Just in the same way that TV shows like Falling Skies and Revolution have managed to create realistic characters that adapt to the situation and position the world has thrown them in, so does Summer Lane. Especially Cassidy. I love Cassidy. I think we'd be great friends. She's a fighter, through and through, and she doesn't let other people tear her down. But on the other side, Cassidy knows that she's not someone special. She wonders and questions how she's been put in the position that she's in, and though she takes it with a pinch of salt, she's not afraid to raise questions if something doesn't seem right.On to other amazing things, and you get the plot. Every thing about this book is fast paced and actiony, leaving you more and more. Summer Lane certainly knows how to write a cliffhanger, that's for sure. The only thing I was left wanting more of was sexy time with Chris. I know. I want more romance in a NA novel rather than less. But that's another element that Summer manages to blend in perfectly - the line between giving the reader romance and an actual story line. And because Chris is that delicious guy that isn't possessive and domineering, you want more romance between the leading couple.All I can say now is I don't know what I'm going to do until I get that next book on my Kindle. Maybe I read too fast, because State of Chaos was over in a blink of an eye, and I'm desperately clinging on to when I can get more, more and more!