hannahreadsbooks

Stitch
Samantha Durante
Not a Drop to Drink
Mindy McGinnis

Bloodlines the Indigo Spell (Bloodlines (Mead - Hardcover))

The Indigo Spell - Richelle Mead You could not have found a more excited person than I was to read Indigo Spell. Okay, so maybe half the bookish world shared in my excitement, but the day I got my request approved email through was like Christmas was happening all over again.I had a date. A date with Adrian Ishakov. Every girl’s wet dream, I know.One reason I’ve completely fallen in love with this series, a spin off from Mead’s successful Vampire Academy series, is that it’s just so...human. Mead’s writing, even now has grown so much into a style of it’s own. The narration, from Sydney’s POV, is straight forward, simplistic and straight to the point. Which is kind of like Sydney really. Reading back through the Vampire Academy series, I find myself connecting more and more with Sydney, really appreciating her for more than she is. She’s become my new favourite – move over Rose and Dimitri, the vampire world has two new hotties in town.I think what I like most about the Bloodlines series is that so much of my character resonates within Sydney’s, which makes reading from her POV all the more realistic. Given, I don’t have a scientific bone in my body, but the way that Sydney uses her head over her heart. It’s the classic Sense & Sensibility mind set, but it’s one I appreciate because it’s one I really connect to. And connecting to a main character in a book is one of the most important factors for me.Let’s get into the Indigo Spell now. If you think waiting for this book is heard enough, just imagine finishing it. The third in what promises to be another long series (YAAAY!), Indigo Spell picks up a few weeks after The Golden Lily finished, and straight away is full of action. Never once does the book lag. There are no moments in the book where you are not enraptured in the story line, although I will admit that I spent a lot of the time holding my breath for Adrian to appear.And appear he does. This is where Mead shines – Adrian is snarky, sexy and swarve all at the same time. He really does compliment Sydney so well, and he knows exactly how to get a girl all in a titter. Adrian makes the series what it is, and really comes full circle in Indigo Spell. He doesn’t back down, and if you’ve been reading the Bloodlines series then you’ll know what I mean by this.My only problem – and it’s all personal, so don’t worry – is that there wasn’t as much on Marcus Flint as I thought there was going to be. I felt like he, and the subplot around him, was just a filler. But who knows, maybe we haven’t seen the last of Marcus yet. I certainly hope not. There’s not too much that can be said about Indigo Spell without giving away spoilers except for saying how fantastic it is. Usually a series drags three books in, especially if you know the storyline is going to continue. After all, how much more can there possibly be? You don’t get that with Indigo Spell, or any of the books in the Bloodlines series. All you will get is the satisfaction of knowing you are reading a book that will suck you straight into the world of Alchemists, dhamphirs and Moroi , and when you finish it’ll be such a big shock to realize that the world you’re currently in? It’s not actually real.**The Girl in a Cafe takes no responsibility for any anger, frustration or sad feelings pertaining to the realization that Adrian Isahkov is not, in fact, a real person. We are always here if you need support in pulling through this difficult time. Trust me, I’m going through it too.