hannahreadsbooks

Stitch
Samantha Durante
Not a Drop to Drink
Mindy McGinnis

Game. Set. Match. (Outer Banks Tennis Academy)

Game. Set. Match. - Jennifer Iacopelli Game. Set. Match. was like a personal book heaven for me. I love tennis. I can't play it to save my life, but I love watching it, and Novak Djokovic and I are madly in love - although he doesn't quite know that yet. GSM was a sweeping breath of fresh air that I needed when I read it as well, and it instantly has that feel good factor you sometimes need from a book GSM is told from 3 different perspectives. First, there's Penny, the girl on the rise and in the middle of her make it or break it career point. When Alex, a past fling, comes back into the picture, Penny's focus wavers, but will it be enough to cost her the single most important tournament of her career? Then there's Indy, whose back on court and quickly working her way back up the ranks. And lastly, Jasmine, whose whole life has been tennis. GSM is fast paced, exciting and flows smoothly so that you aren't bored in any way. There's just the right amount of tennis knowledge that someone who doesn't know the lingo can keep up, but pretend that they're right in that world along with Penny, Jasmine and Indy. The romance is swoony, and you are definitely left hankering for more.However, I think that the downfall of GSM is in the fact that the narration is done in too many POVs While I loved each girl, I felt that I wasn't able to connect as well with each one because each section was a little bit too short for my liking. Just when I felt like things were getting good, you would move on to the next girl, and the same thing would happen all over again. Personally, while the plot had to move forward, I felt that this took away from the story considerably. Overall, that didn't stop me from enjoying GSM at all, and I can't wait to read the next installment. I was especially lusting over Jack, Penny's older brother. He's more than welcome to teach me a few things about tennis if my relationship with Novak falls through!